This searchable database contains an extensive compendium of numeric water quality thresholds from the literature for over 860 chemical constituents and water quality parameters. Included are:
- California and Federal Drinking Water Standards (MCLs)
- California Public Health Goals (PHGs)
- California State Notification and Response Levels for Drinking Water
- Health Advisories, Water Quality Advisories, and Drinking Water Advisories
- Suggested No-Adverse-Response Levels (SNARLs)
- Cancer Risk Estimates
- Health-based criteria from USEPA Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
- Proposition 65 Safe Harbor Levels
- California Toxics Rule Criteria to Protect Human Health and Aquatic Life
- California Ocean Plan Water Quality Objectives
- USEPA Recommended Criteria to Protect Human Health and Aquatic Life
- Agricultural Use Protective Limits
- Taste and Odor Based Criteria
These thresholds may be used to assess whether beneficial uses of surface water or groundwater are likely to be impaired or threatened.
Water Quality Goals is technical information provided by staff of the State Water Resources Control Board, Office of Information Management and Analysis. It is intended to be used only as an informational tool and does not reflect State Water Board policy or regulation.
The information in the Water Quality Goals database is current as of December 15, 2015.