Come to this workshop to Preserve our Rural Character and protect our rural lands from the impacts of EVENTS
County Planning Dept. – Public Workshop on Events
Monday, November 16, 2015 @ 6:30 pm
LOCATION Glaser Center 547 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa 95401
Tasting rooms and wineries co-existed with neighbors for decades – until the “Arms Race” for ever-more facilities with intensive events turned tasting rooms into event centers and de-facto restaurants. Don’t allow Sonoma County to become Napafied!
Attend the Workshop to ensure meaningful standards that:
· Address neighborhood compatibility and road safety issues;
· Protect Ag lands from highly commercial entertainment uses;
· Provide the balance necessary to preserve rural character!
A large public presence is critical NOW – Ensure your voice is heard while standards are being developed: Otherwise, the county may adopt policies that intensify impacts by allowing:
· Event centers on narrow rural roads with inadequate emergency vehicle access and unsafe site distances
· On-site cooking and daily food service at tasting rooms
· Outdoor events on parcels with NO winery or tasting room
· Multiple tasting rooms on a single parcel
· Dozens of events per facility for hundreds of people held after
5 pm tasting room hours – with drinking up to 10 pm.
PRSC supports the development of meaningful zoning code criteria and standards for use permits that:
Balance the rights and welfare of adjacent property owners,
Address cumulative impacts from over-commercialization, and
Protect Sonoma County’s differentiating asset – rural character –
and the attributes critical to remaining a premier destination.
To learn about the Winery Working Group policy options, visit:
Preserve Rural Sonoma County https://www.facebook.com/preserveruralsonomacounty